Sunday, May 1, 2011

UP Diliman CRS Freshman Pre-enlistment (long title)

I am creating this blog post about the UP Diliman Freshman Pre-enlistment process because I would like to do my part and contribute to the world we live in. ;)


This brings me back to one of my reasons for creating a blog (aside from BOREDOM), which are the several other blogs I have read regarding life in "Peyups". They were VERY helpful (although I couldn't find the answer to one of my questions. That's why I will be discussing it later on.). :-bd


First, I would like to share my first semester schedule for AY 2011-2012 (I'm taking Business Economics, btw):


I got all my first choices, but its acquisition (I believe) required HOURS of double-checking schedules and back-up schedules to their back-ups schedules (As much as possible, I got the ones with the least demand), right down to the last day of pre-enlistment. So that's one tip, I suppose.
(If these don't make sense to you, I suggest that you read other blogs about pre-enlistment. I will not be explaining the whole process, hihi.)


Now for my question that was left unanswered until I found out about it myself:
When will the results of the pre-enlistment be released? Is it after pre-enlistment ends, or will we have to wait until the actual [early] registration/enrollment (It's the same thing, I think)?
The answer to that, my friend, is that they are supposed to release it the day after pre-enlistment ends (A detail I overlooked in the attachments that UP gave). Since the CRS has developed quite a reputation of being late, our schedule was released three days after the end of pre-enlistment.


Another set of details that I failed to see in other blogs:
BLOCKS.
A block section only covers your required/major subjects (which you will take with your coursemates). It does not cover your GE (general electives); that's why they're called electives.
In my case then, Econ 11 and Math 17 were my required subjects, hence the 'Block E-4' (I will take those subjects with my coursemates who got the same block). Geol, Eng and Socio were my other GEs (which I picked myself, one by one), and it is possible that I will be taking these subjects with non-coursemates (maybe even students from different years).
In the process of pre-enlistment, you will first be asked to pick a block (I'm not sure if this is for freshmen only), and THEN your other GEs. Also, not all subjects are available for the picking, depending on your year(?) and course (For example, I couldn't pick Philo 1, but some of my freshman friends were able to).


I hope this helps. XD

17 comments:

  1. lol. yeah, HOURS nga yung pagpili ng subjects sa CRS..pero ok na yun kasi DAYS naman yung kakailanganin minsan kung di ka swertehin na makuha yung subjects na gusto mo after ng lahat ng batch runs...ma.eexperience nyo rin yan in the future especially pag di na kayo freshies (priority pa kasi kayo e..tsk)

    tsaka yung block section pala, di naman lahat sa major subjects lang...meron din pati GEs kasama kaya ang saya kasi classmates kayo ng blockmates nyo kahit sa GEs..yan yung Full Block...yung sa inyo, yun yung Partial Block

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, pwede po request? can you please send a link po dun sa site po mismo kung saan nag-eenlist? and a question po,may inilabas po kasing checklist sa UPD CRS eh, wala po yung course ko doon (BA comparative literature= college of arts and letters) does that mean po ba na susundin po yung parang syllabus na nasa UP CAL na website? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) You enlist in the UPD CRS website. Enlistment opens April 19 '12, supposedly.
      As for the checklist (it's something new, actually), you probably don't have required classes to take (except for the required GEs).

      Delete
    2. Is the site open already? I've been refreshing the page but I can't seem to access it for some reason. Do we use our Student ID Number and pin for the username and password? Sorry po freshman kasi ako :P

      Delete
    3. Yup, you use your student number and PIN. :) Weell, CRS kind of has a reputation of crashing (and missing deadlines) when too many people are using it at one time. They're probably still fixing the course schedules. :) --Nikki (aka Galazy Defender, lol)

      Delete
  3. Um, excuse me. What if magkakasunod po ang schedule of subjects na available? Like for example, you want Chem 1 (TTh 1-2 pm) pero you have Math 17 (2-3 pm) right after? Will thatbe possible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that'll be possible. :) Let's just hope that your Chem 1 dismisses early enough. If you're running late, try to catch a Toki going to Math. It passes by the front of the "Chem building" (If I'm not mistaken about Chem being at the back of AS/Palma Hall). --Nikki

      Delete
    2. hello, paano po malalaman kung natanggap ng CRS ang napili mong schedule? - Au

      Delete
  4. What if you are late in pre-enlisting your desired subjects, would there be a chance to pre-enlist your desired subjects after the deadline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you'll have to manually enlist yourself. :-? Go to the respective college of the subject you want to take, then enlist there. Since you're probably a freshman, there'll be an enrollment day for freshman only. That way, you won't have to deal with all the other students trying to enlist. :) -- Nikki

      Delete
    2. Oh wait.. Since you're probably a freshman, I think manual enlistment will be at the OUR (Office of the University Registrar). --Nikki

      Delete
  5. hello, pano po ang nangyayari kapag walang block na nai-enlist sa akin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Please refer to the replies for the other comments of this post. :) --Nikki

      Delete
  6. Hello,paano po ang mangyayari kapag lumabas sa crs na
    Enlisted Block: None

    Mae-enlist pa rin po ba ako sa mga required subjects para sa course ko? Posible pa rin po ba un kapag enrollment na?

    Btw, I am a freshman and I will be taking up BS Economics.

    Thanks po :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Woohoo, Econ is the best!! :D

      You have to enlist manually during enrollment. No worries though, because freshmen will have a day all for themselves. Just go to the college of the subject you want to take up, and enlist on one of their computers. OH WAIT, since you're a freshman, I think all the manual enlisting will take place in the OUR (Office of the University Registrar).
      The same goes for your Econ and Math subjects (the supposedly blocked ones).
      Good luck!! :) --Nikki

      Delete
    2. Thank You! :D

      Delete
  7. Hi? Pano kung wala kang block? Is that good or bad? Kasi walang naka assign na block sakin!

    ReplyDelete